We’ve updated the exhibition timeline below. Until then, happy weaving, and remember, all members and all levels are welcome to enter!! If you are interested in volunteering, please reach out to me.
Molly Koehn, Exhibition Chair
New date to be announced.
HCCC Opening Reception: TBA
CHH Reception: TBA
Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
4848 Main St
Houston, TX 77002
- Entry fee: $10 for one entry
- Entry deadline: March 16, 2020
- Delivery deadline: TBA
- Work must be hand-delivered to the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft.
- Applicants must be a member of the Contemporary Handweavers of Houston.
- Limit one entry per member.
- Everything entered will be accepted as long as it meets the requirements.
- The exhibition will be juried for prizes. Juror and prize details TBA.
- Work must be made within the last 5 years.
- Only items in the following categories will be accepted – no exceptions:
- Handwoven–Interlaced items, including basketry and wire weaving
- Braiding – including kumihimo
- Hand-dyed items
- Handmade Felt – Includes needle felted items
- Fulled Items – Includes knitted and crocheted items
- Handmade Silk Fusion
- Handmade Paper
- Bead Weaving– Includes items woven on bead looms or using off-loom bead weaving techniques, such as brick stitch, peyote stitch, right-angle weave, ndebele, herringbone, netting, and the like. Strung beads are not acceptable.
- Each of the above categories includes items made from or incorporating materials within that category.
- Knitted and crocheted items are not acceptable unless fulled or made with handspun or hand-dyed yarn.
- All work must be the submitting member’s own work.
- Only well-crafted items made of high-quality materials will be accepted. Participants are representing themselves, CHH, the general membership, and the represented crafts.