CHH Classified Web ads are available at no cost [free!] for CHH members, previous members and other weavers, spinners and felters in the greater Houston area or offering goods and services of interest to our members. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. CHH makes no guarantees about the content of the ads. To reach all CHH members, you may want to advertise in the CHH newsletter. (details and rates for placing a newsletter ad at bottom of page)
There are other websites that reach a much wider audience that may be very helpful to you if you are selling equipment. Several can be found on Facebook.
- Cherry Loom for Sale April 17, 2018
45” weaving width and 8 shaft—not 4 now 4 later—10 treadle. ~1224 inserted eye heddles. 3 stainless steel reeds, no rust: 6, 10, 15 dent. Comes with matching bench with bench bag, raddle (Schacht maple), 4 hole cherry Purrington angel wings, and 2 lease sticks (Schacht maple). Year made 2000. 3rd owner as far as I know. Smoke free home. Pick up preferred: Johnson City, TX—Austin/San Antonio area. $2750Continue reading →
- Fireside Loom for Sale April 9, 2018
Gorgeous cherry Fireside loom for sale. Hand-carved cherry blossoms, 12 shaft, 14 treadle, 48” weaving width loom with original sliding bench and 3 reeds. Excellent condition and all packed up for easy moving.
Pick-up in San Antonio. $7,500
Text 210-467-8027 between 9 & 9, CDT.
Lisa CharbonnetContinue reading →
- Schacht Loom & Warping Board for sale February 17, 2018
SCHACHT STANDARD HIGH CASTLE FLOOR LOOM for sale in Houston
4-shafts, 6 treadles, 45” weaving width, overall width 53”, depth open 38”,
depth folded 26”. Comes with 2 reeds (10 dent & 12 dent) and raddle.
Asking $1,500 for loom, reeds and raddle. Model for sale no longer
reeds $147 each and raddle $146.
Call Pat Lewis, 713-376-4969 or email email@example.com
SCHACHT 14-yard WARPING BOARD for sale in Houston
Like new condition, asking $60; lists for $135 if new.
Call Pat Lewis, 713-376-4969 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgContinue reading →
- David 8 Shaft Loom for sale October 3, 2017
I have a David 90 (35″) 8 shaft loom with new sliding beater for sale. Included is a bench and I have added the brake. It comes with 2 reeds. Must be picked up in the Houston area. New costs $3200, asking $2800 or best offer. Call Barbara at 832-864-2428.Continue reading →
- 4 Now, 4 Later, 4 Sale September 28, 2017Four-now, four-later Schacht loom is 42.5 inches wide (see image with measuring tape). $1,000 The loom is located in Galveston Arts Center, 2127 Strand in downtown Galveston. Checks should be made payable to GAC. You can call the number in the signature for inquiries, or email directly. Unfortunately, delivery is not included, so the buyer will have to pick up. Sales will help support our education and community outreach programs at Galveston Arts Center. Pictures include the loom itself and miscellaneous related parts, all included. Four-now, four-later looms come with 4 shafts and 6 treadles with space for 4 more shafts and 4 more treadles. A loom that can grow with you.Continue reading →Reyna ColluraDirector of EducationGalveston Arts Center
- Mirrix Looms for Sale June 30, 2017
Two Mirrix Tapestry Looms – One Little Brother at 12” wide and one Big Sister at 16” wide. Both are in new condition and both come with the shedding device and the top and bottom coils. The Little Brother has 4 top coils and 2 bottom coils, the Big Sister has 4 top and 4 bottom coils. The Big Sister was used once. The Little Brother a few times. The Little Brother is $150 and the Big Sister is $250. I also have one roll of 100 texsolve heddles the are brand new and I will sell those for $15 with one of the looms. Shipping is approximately $15 per loom (in U S only) and each loom comes with the standard pieces in addition to the loom. I loved these looms, but I have decided Tapestry is not for me. Please contact me via email – email@example.com. Payment would be via pay pal.Continue reading →
Buyers and Sellers Be Aware!
Be aware. Our little web site is not immune from scams. If a transaction seems unduly complicated or if you have any feeling that something is not right, beware of the transaction. Just keep your wits about you when you transact any business over the net or by phone. At least one member has had a suspicious query.
Please advise us when your item has sold. Ads older than one year will be deleted.
Newsletter Advertising Rates:
Flat rate of $10.00 for one photo and 100 words.
Discount rate of 20% applies to advertisers who pay for one year in advance (10 issues, same ad).
(New rates as of 4/21/18)
CHH is a non-profit, educational organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the art and science of handweaving and spinning, related textile arts and historic textiles.