Some of you asked for the recipe for the Almond Biscotti that Caryn V. brought to the May CHH meeting. Gerry asked if she would share it and here it is!
Makes about 60
2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon pure almond extract
1 cup of almonds
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy, 4 -5 minutes. Beat in almond extract
4. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing by hand until just combined (do not overmix)
5. Fold in almonds
6. Shape the dough into two 2×10-inch longs and place 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden and firm, 25-30 minutes
7. When the logs are cool enough to handle, using a serrated knife, slice each log into 3/8 inch-1/2 inch thick slices. Place the slices cut-side down on 2 baking sheets
8. Bake, rotating the baking sheets and turning the biscotti over halfway through until dry and firm, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheets.
9. Enjoy…Caryn from RealSimple Dec 2011 page 258.
Note: Recipe also available on their website at http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/almond-biscotti-00100000070740/index.html