CHH Classified Web ads are available at no cost [free!] for CHH members, previous members and other weavers, spinners and felters in the greater Houston area or offering goods and services of interest to our members. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. CHH makes no guarantees about the content of the ads. To reach all CHH members, you may want to advertise in the CHH newsletter. (details and rates for placing a newsletter ad at bottom of page)
There are other websites that reach a much wider audience that may be very helpful to you if you are selling equipment. Several can be found on Facebook.
- Donated Items for Sale August 29, 2021CHH has had several generous donations from Gerry Woodhouse and Anne Schwinger. All items are at the Guild House and can be checked out in person there. Proceeds from the sale go towards the Guild House (rent). We prefer payment by check so CHH gets 100% of the proceeds. If you are interested contact Tracy @ email@example.com or 832-349-6224.Baby Wolf circa 1987 – 26.5″ weaving width, 8 shaft, in very good condition. The loom comes with 3 reeds – 6,8 & 15, new tie-up cords and extra heddles. $1,650 (more photos are available)Baby Macomber – 20″ weaving width, 8 shaft, good condition. The loom comes with a 10 dent reed and extra heddles. $750 (more photos are available)Beka 32″ Rigid Heddle loom – This loom is in pieces, the donator said all pieces for the loom and stand are included. We have not verified this. This loom is FREE to a good home. Photo is from the included instructions.Antique yarn blocker – $50 oboAdjustable yarn blocker – $50 oboContinue reading →
- Free Loom for Donation to CHH August 16, 2021
This loom has found a new home!!!
Gilmore 4-harness loom with bench – free with donation to CHH
This beautiful 4-harness, 24-in. wide, hard maple loom (originally purchased in the 1970s) was given to a non-weaver who is seeking a new home for the loom where it will continue to be used and enjoyed. Its previous owner used it for many years to make everything from rugs to table linens. The loom is in great condition, has always lived indoors, and comes with a variety of reeds, shuttles, and other accessories. The loom is free because it was given to me, but I’m asking the recipient to make a donation to CHH in return. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries or more information.
This loom came from the studio of Kate Weinheimer, a Life Member of CHH. So the loom has plenty of experience and is used to being “worked hard and put up wet.” Kate is currently living in the Houston area with family.Continue reading →
- Ashford Traveler Wheel for Sale May 16, 2021
Continue reading →Ashford Traveler Spinning Wheel for SaleAshford spinning wheel, well-loved for many years but in good shape. This is single-drive and single-treadle. The Traveler is a compact wheel that is easy to transport in a car and features a built-in lazy kate. I’ll include a WooLee winder flyer, a clever device which automatically winds the yarn evenly onto the bobbin as you spin so you don’t have to stop to move the yarn onto a new hook. There is an extra bobbin for this flyer, as well as the original flyer and 4 bobbins with the standard hooks, all hand-finished in cherry. I’ve spun a lot of yarn on this lovely wheel; it’s just time for me to downsize and for this to go to a new home!$550 with local pickup (Note: cute cat not included!)Gloria
- Gilmakra Loom for Sale March 2, 2021
Glimakra Standard loom 59”
12 shaft countermarche
Price reduced to $2,500,00
Comes with bench, 2 reeds, lease sticks, warp sticks, warping board mounted on the back of the loom, 2 raddles custom made for the loom(1” and a ½” for fine threads) includes original 4 shaft counterbalance kit.
I am the original owner of this well- loved loom.
Ready to move to your home and weave a life with you!
Located in Houston.
281-488-2742Continue reading →
- Leclerc Loom for Sale March 2, 2021
LeClerc Artistat 36 inch 4 harness jack loom and matching bench. The loom folds as pictured to 14 inches for storage. Additional 8 and 10 dent reeds included. Price $1200.
Buyers and Sellers Be Aware!
Be aware. Our little web site is not immune from scams. If a transaction seems unduly complicated or if you have any feeling that something is not right, beware of the transaction. Just keep your wits about you when you transact any business over the net or by phone. At least one member has had a suspicious query.
Please advise us when your item has sold. Ads older than one year will be deleted.
Newsletter Advertising Rates:
Flat rate of $10.00 for one photo and 100 words.
Discount rate of 20% applies to advertisers who pay for one year in advance (10 issues, same ad).
(New rates as of 4/21/18)
CHH is a non-profit, educational organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the art and science of handweaving and spinning, related textile arts and historic textiles.