CHH Classified Web ads are available at no cost [free!] for CHH members, previous members and other weavers, spinners and felters in the greater Houston area or offering goods and services of interest to our members. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. CHH makes no guarantees about the content of the ads. To reach all CHH members, you may want to advertise in the CHH newsletter. (details and rates for placing a newsletter ad at bottom of page)
There are other websites that reach a much wider audience that may be very helpful to you if you are selling equipment. One is:
- Kessenich 8 Harness Loom for Sale May 25, 2018
36” weaving width, solid oak 8 harness, 10 treadle, X frame, Jack Loom for sale. The tie-up for the front hinged treadles has been converted to Texsolve. Approximately 1100 heddles. Front and back beam cloth aprons. Two removable side shelves.
Loom comes with 13 repair heddles, 2 lease sticks, and 8 dent reed. Loom can be folded to fit thru most doorways. Heavy enough to weave rugs, but I routinely wove finer fabrics. I have owned the loom for 30 years and am the second owner. Loom must be picked up in Missouri City, TX. $1400. Contact me at email@example.com for more information.
- Cherry Loom for Sale April 17, 2018
45” weaving width and 8 shaft—not 4 now 4 later—10 treadle. ~1224 inserted eye heddles. 3 stainless steel reeds, no rust: 6, 10, 15 dent. Comes with matching bench with bench bag, raddle (Schacht maple), 4 hole cherry Purrington angel wings, and 2 lease sticks (Schacht maple). Year made 2000. 3rd owner as far as I know. Smoke free home. Pick up preferred: Johnson City, TX—Austin/San Antonio area. $2750Continue reading →
- Fireside Loom for Sale April 9, 2018
Gorgeous cherry Fireside loom for sale. Hand-carved cherry blossoms, 12 shaft, 14 treadle, 48” weaving width loom with original sliding bench and 3 reeds. Excellent condition and all packed up for easy moving.
Pick-up in San Antonio. $7,500
Text 210-467-8027 between 9 & 9, CDT.
Lisa CharbonnetContinue reading →
- Schacht Loom & Warping Board for sale February 17, 2018
SCHACHT STANDARD HIGH CASTLE FLOOR LOOM for sale in Houston
4-shafts, 6 treadles, 45” weaving width, overall width 53”, depth open 38”,
depth folded 26”. Comes with 2 reeds (10 dent & 12 dent) and raddle.
Asking $1,500 for loom, reeds and raddle. Model for sale no longer
reeds $147 each and raddle $146.
Call Pat Lewis, 713-376-4969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SCHACHT 14-yard WARPING BOARD for sale in Houston
Like new condition, asking $60; lists for $135 if new.
Call Pat Lewis, 713-376-4969 or email email@example.comContinue reading →
- Large Loom for Sale – price reduced January 23, 2018
Schacht Cranbrook loom for sale.
72” Cranbrook for sale in San Antonio, .Texas.
As new condition!
If interested, we can talk about transporting it.
72” Cranbrook Countermarche Loom 8S $ 10,988.00
Cranbrook Bench for 72” Loom 564.00
72” Sectional Beam 601.00
72” Suspended Tool Shelf 271.00
72” Beater Weight 151.00
Twelve Treadles with 8S Loom 199.00
Sliding Threading Bench 190.00
72” 12-dent Reed N/C
72” 10-dent Reed 380.00
64” 15-dent Reed 205.00
1500 Extra Texsolv Heddles 375.00
Total if new: $ 13,924.00
Was asking $ 9,500.00
Price reduced to $ 7,500.00
Deborah HarrisonContinue reading →
- Table Loom and More for Sale December 18, 2017I have a 20” weaving width, 4 shaft Schacht table loom with 6 dent reed for sale. Priced at $400, if new it would cost $836.00. Pick up in Houston.Call Donna Durbin: 832-366-6918Also, I have a variety of linen and pearl cotton. In 15 gal. Plastic container. All for $75. They would be suitable for Jette’s class.Navajo weaving forks, exotic wood 11” x 2.5 “ Price: $12.00. If New:$259” x 1.75” Weaving fork. Price: $8. New:$18Pick up in Houston. Call Donna Durbin: 832-366-69182 -11.25” Leclerc Boat shuttles, Maple, closed bottom with bobbins. Price: $20.ea. If New:$39 ea.14” Bluster Bay, 2 Quill Boat Shuttle Cherry wood. Price:$25. New:$52.25Pick up in Houston. Call Donna Durbin: 832-366-691812- 4” Leclerc Styrene Shuttle Bobbins with cotton and novelty yarn. $10Continue reading →
Buyers and Sellers Be Aware!
Be aware. Our little web site is not immune from scams. If a transaction seems unduly complicated or if you have any feeling that something is not right, beware of the transaction. Just keep your wits about you when you transact any business over the net or by phone. At least one member has had a suspicious query.
Please advise us when your item has sold. Ads older than one year will be deleted.
Newsletter Advertising Rates:
Flat rate of $10.00 for one photo and 100 words.
Discount rate of 20% applies to advertisers who pay for one year in advance (10 issues, same ad).
(New rates as of 4/21/18)
CHH is a non-profit, educational organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the art and science of handweaving and spinning, related textile arts and historic textiles.