hosted by the Handweavers Guild of America, Inc.
The Handweavers Guild of America, Inc. (HGA) is excited to announce we are bringing back the Handwoven Kitchen Towel Exchange this summer. Participation is open to all who hold an active Individual, Family, Student, or Professional Artists membership with HGA. are invited to participate in HGA’s 2020 Handwoven Kitchen Towel Exchange. This age-old tradition of weaving and exchanging towels with fellow weavers is a wonderful way to learn more about color, pattern, and construction. Let’s share our love of weaving and our love of sharing. Not a member? No problem. Join Today!
- Towels must be woven from cotton (unmercerized is preferable for kitchen towels), linen, hemp, bamboo or any combination of these fibers.
- Towels should be hemmed (either hand-sewn or machine-sewn).
- Wash your towels so that shrinkage has been addressed.
- Finished (after washing and hemming) minimum measurements are to be 18” x 25”.
- Weave five towels.
Include five (5) printed one-page information sheets with your name, contact information, and the draft for your weaving along with thread samples and sources. There should be one for each towel. Insert each information sheet in a sheet protector to keep it flat and neat while shipping.
- Email a digital copy of your information sheet to the exchange administrator (to compile a complete listing of all towels entered). Instructions will be emailed with your registration confirmation.
- Ship your towels beginning August 1, 2021 per the directions in your emailed registration confirmation. Towels must be received by the exchange administrator no later than August 31, 2021.
- DO NOT MAIL TO HGA. Your towels will not be received.
- Towels will be exchanged and shipped by September 30, 2021.
- Current HGA Student, Individual, Family or Professional Artist Membership. Join
- Participant fee of $20 to cover return priority-mail shipping and administrative fees.