Selected work will appear at the Muskegon Museum of Art, Muskegon, Michigan, December 12, 2019-March 15, 2020. Note that work does NOT have to be available for the Muskegon Art Museum exhibition to be juried into Excellence in Fibers V. It still can be selected by the jurors, shown in the magazine, and receive publicity and prizes.
Excellence in Fibers is organized into five categories. The function emphasis of the five categories puts the focus on the makers’ intentions and can incorporate the vast range of fiber mediums.
• Wall/Floor Works
Two-dimensional works, including quilts, tapestries, weavings, carpets, or works in any other fiber-related medium or technique that are intended for wall or floor display.
• Sculptural Works
Three-dimensional works in fiber.
• Vessel Forms/Basketry
Functional work and sculptural expressions of the vessel form.
• Installation Works
Three-dimensional work created as an environment.
Body adornments, including wearable art clothing, accessories and jewelry.
• Entries must be original work completed after January, 2015.
• Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
• Collaborative works will receive recognition as one entry.
• Work of any size will be accepted.
• Work must be original in concept and design and not be the result of a class or workshop.
• All work must include either fiber in content or executed with at least one fiber technique.
• Each artist may submit up to three artworks (one full and one detail image for each work), but only one entry. For example, one artist may not enter twice, for six possible works.
For more information, click here.