Participate in the Strut Your Stuff Informal Fashion Show
generously sponsored by American Kumihimo Society
Sunday, October 11, 2020, 2 – 3 PM EST
Strut your stuff as you walk the virtual runway during the Handweavers Guild of America, Inc’s (HGA) Spinning and Weaving Week! All fiber enthusiasts, whether beginner or advanced, are invited to share and appreciate each other’s inspirational garments, wearable art, accessories for the home, and functional work through our virtual Strut Your Stuff Informal Fashion Show. Participants are encouraged to model their latest wearable creation or to show their functional designs in this fun and supportive online environment. Participation is free. The show will begin at 2:00 PM EST on Sunday, October 11, 2020 and will continue until all pieces have been shown. Come share your work with members of the HGA community!
Looking for some inspiration? If you are on Facebook, watch these videos from the 2018 show at Convergence®:
Guidelines & Technical Requirements
Strut Your Stuff will be presented online using Zoom. Familiarity with using a web camera is recommended. We may schedule a rehearsal to assist you with your presentation.
- Lighting: We want to see your work. Make sure you are in a well-lit space.
- Technology: You will need to have a webcam (via computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone).
- The Art Work: The art work must be something you made. When registering we will ask you to complete details about the piece for our announcer.
- Model: No experience needed. You will be modeling/showing your own work for the show. Have fun with it. Allow yourself space to twirl and show your piece from every angle.
- Facilities: Your presentation should be able to be given from a space without interruptions (pets, children, television, etc.)
Complete information on all of our Spinning & Weaving initiatives, can be found online on the HGA website. For more information or assistance, please call (678) 730-0010 or email [email protected].