Guest Post from Charlene Kolb for CHT:
Contemporary Handweavers of Texas
ART CAMP 2014
Friday February 28, 2014 – Monday, March 3, 2014
4-H Conference Center
Art Camp 2013 was the first CHT Art Camp. We had 32 participants that arrived on Friday not knowing what to expect in terms of lodging, workshop space, etc. On Monday we left Brownwood with smiles on our face, Camp was a success. We plan to repeat the experience in February with old and new campers. We have four outstanding workshops planned with excellent leaders.
Arrival will be on Friday, any time after 12:00pm, dinner will be at 6:00pm. We will leave Brownwood on Monday, after breakfast.
- The Lodge – Double occupancy room with a private bath and three meals per day – $204.50/per person
- The Lodge – Single occupancy – $317.00
- Dorm – Dormitory style rooms with shared bath and three meals per day – $176.00/per person
Workshops – Saturday and Sunday
- $125.00 for two days plus supply fee, if it applies
You may choose one of the following workshops
- Inkle Loom weaving, beginning and advanced – Hinke Schroen
- Nuno Felting – Barbara Kile
- Dyeing skeins or chains – Tracy Kaestner
- Basketry with paper – Rebecca Shanks
Do you have to be a member of CHT?
Yes you do, if your dues has lapsed you may renew your membership when you register.
Do you have to take a workshop?
No you may just want to come and spin or bring your loom, weave or work on those projects that you just never had time to finish.
What will we do in the evenings?
There will be programs or you may just want to visit with friends, read, or knit.
How do I register?
Send $100.00 deposit to hold your spot, chose your workshop, you may also indicate who your roommate will be.
You may cancel with a full refund up until January 28th.