The Contemporary Handweavers of Texas Art Camp deadline is August 31, 2012. It will be held October 26-29, 2012 at the 4H Conference Center in Brownwood, Texas.
We are still accepting registration for our first CHT Art Camp. We would like to have everyone who is planning to attend to send in their registration by the end of August which will give us time to put everything in place, and iron out any kinks before October 26th.
You will be taking classes for 2 days – Saturday and Sunday. The one question that everyone is asking is how many classes can we take? The instructors have been very flexible with each class, and they have come up with great solutions.
- Triaxial Weaving: Deb Harrison — You can opt to take one or two days. One day will only be offered on the first day and then you would finish on your own. Deb’s instructions are critical and must be done with the entire group. Two days will give you ample time to finish your project and have the benefit of Deb’s instruction.
- Needle Felting: Deedee Woodbury — You can start and end on either day, or you could do half days.
- Open Dye Studio: Tracy Kaestner — The open studio is very flexible as stated in Tracy’s description of the class. It’s a great opportunity to dye for the first time, or dye skeins for several projects down the road.
- Weaving with Wire: Christine Miller — Christine has outlined what will work best for her workshop. This is the perfect time to learn the technique, but if you have already taken an introductory class you have the benefit of having Christine available to take you to the next level. Think about all the possibilities to take one, two or three classes, work out your personal schedule, and let me know what your schedule will be.
- Independent Study: You may have already decided that you are coming to camp, will bring a loom, or spinning wheel, plan on working independently — no classes for you. Yes, you can do that.
To register: contact Charlene Kolb. Deadline to Register is August 31, 2012.