Each spinner is invited to set their own goals for this exchange. Do you want to stretch yourself by learning a new spinning technique? Share your pride and joy “default” spinning skeins? Play with color? Try a new fiber? Have you recently purchased a new wheel and want to put it through its paces?! Let this exchange be your avenue for adventure (or not)! We hope you have some fun with this, and know you will produce beautiful yarn!
Not a member? No problem. Join Today!
The guidelines are as follows:
1. This exchange will focus on protein/animal-based fibers. This could be wool, alpaca, mohair, angora, silk, or blends of any of these fibers.
2. Fibers can be dyed or natural.
3. Use 4 ounces of fiber.
4. Create a skein of plied yarn in a worsted weight, size 4 pursuant to Craft Yarn Council Guidelines, approximately 10 to 12 wraps per inch.
5. Your skein should be wet finished prior to being sent in for the exchange.
6. Securely label your skein by attaching an index card that contains the fiber content, total yardage, and your name.
7. In addition to the skein label, please fill out the skein information sheet that can be downloaded here as a typeable PDF.
8. Ship your skein beginning February 1, 2022 and must be received by the exchange administrator no later than February 28, 2022. Instructions for mailing will be emailed with your registration confirmation.
9. DO NOT MAIL TO HGA. Your skein will not be received.
10. Skeins will be exchanged and returned by March 31, 2022.
- Current HGA Student, Individual, Family, or Professional Artist Membership. Not a member? Join today!
- Participant fee of $10 to cover return shipping and administrative fees.
Participants will be invited by email to join the Facebook group for the 2022 exchange so you can share and communicate with each other.
“Thank you to the many HGA members/spinners who gave me invaluable advice on these guidelines. My lack of spinning knowledge was evident and I hope the end result is clear and inviting.” – Penny Morgan, HGA Exchange Administrator