Celebrate Spinning & Weaving Week
with HGA and our sponsor Long Thread Media
Participate in the Strut Your Stuff Informal Fashion Show
generously sponsored by John C. Campbell Folk School
Sunday, October 10, 2021, 2 – 3 PM ET
Strut your stuff as you walk the virtual runway during the Handweavers Guild of America, Inc’s (HGA) Spinning and Weaving Week! All fiber enthusiasts, whether beginner or advanced, are invited to share and appreciate each other’s inspirational garments, wearable art, accessories for the home, and functional work through our virtual Strut Your Stuff Informal Fashion Show. Participants are encouraged to model their latest wearable creation or to show their functional designs in this fun and supportive online environment. Participation is free, but limited. Priority will be given to those who hold an active HGA membership (Join Today). The show will begin at 2:00 PM ET on Sunday, October 10, 2021 and will continue until all pieces have been shown. Come share your work with the other members of the HGA community!
Registration Deadline: October 1, 2021 (after this deadline we will still accept submissions pending availability)
Rehearsal: October 3, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET (tentative)
Strut Your Stuff will be presented online using Zoom. Familiarity with using a web camera is recommended. We may ask for a test run to assist you with your presentation.
- Lighting: Ability to present from a well-lit space. We recommend a Ring light or something similar. If it’s warm and the weather is clear, natural sunlight works well.
- Technology: You will need to have a webcam (via computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone).
- The Art Work: The art work must be something you made. When registering we will ask you to complete details about the piece for our announcer.
- Model: You will be modeling your own work for the show. Have fun with it. Allow yourself space to twirl and show your piece from every angle.
- Facilities: Your presentation should be able to be given from a space without interruptions (pets, children, television, etc.)
Complete information on all of our Spinning & Weaving initiatives, can be found online on the HGA website. For more information or assistance, please call (678) 730-0010 or email HGA@WeaveSpinDye.org.
The Handweavers Guild of America, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Our mission is to educate, support and inspire the fiber art community. Become a member of our community and join today or support our initiative by giving a gift.